Thursday 21 February 2008

Then there was spice

Spice is one of those places where although they play nosebleed Euro Techno that hasn't progressed any further than a Josh Wink 'raised hands' volume platform circa 1995, the DJ's do take pride in their innocent enjoyment of a long dead genre of music and tweak a bit with care. I can't bear it really unless I've sunk a few B52's but I had a funny argument with my partner for the evening debating the merits of Lo-So versus Hi-So and in fairness she won. But only because I waited for the hot pop chicks to do their dance routine and subsequently slowed it down on the N95 while adding something more musically tasteful. Spice can be found in the basement of the Rembrandt Hotel on Soi 11, Sukhumvit and is not to be confused with Spicy in Ruang Muang, Soi 1 which is altogether a much more freakish affair.

3 comments:

  1. I only think of the Rembrandt as the home of the best Indian restaurant in BKK.

    I must be getting old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mistake Tim. Its the Ambassador hotel on Soi 11. But there is a cheeky Rembrandt on Soi 33 too.

    You are however correct in pointing out that the Raj Mahal at the Ambassador on Soi 20 is possibly one of the finest Indian restaurants going. Fine fine food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Typical - I write a post saying you had disappeared and I was missing you, and then you write more posts in one day than Freddie musters in a year.

    Off out now - but will come back and check them all out - but it is nice to have you back.

    ReplyDelete